The old cast iron lighthouse at Whiteford Point dates back to 1865, and has not been in regular use since 1926. It was the southern marker for the channel into the Loughour Estuary used by shipping bound for Llanelli [Burry Port, across the channel, being the northern marker]. Acrosss the channel can be seen the village of Pembrey.
- Taken: on 23 September 2006
- Nearest place: Llanmadoc
- Places to stay around Burry Port
- OnlineWales Internet Ltd © 2006