Saint Caron's Church, Tregaron
Hemmed in on all sides in the centre of the smallest Ceredigion town, Tregaron, on a hillock in an unusually small churchyard, is St Caron's Church. When George Borrow [1803-1881] visited Tregaron, he "had an excellent supper at the Tregaron Inn" [The Talbot, excellent suppers still available in most un-modernised surroundings]. On St Caron's he commented: "There was not much to be seen. Amongst the monuments was a stone tablet to John Herbert, who died 1690".
- Taken: on 21 April 2007
- Nearest place: Tregaron
- Places to stay around Tregaron
- OnlineWales Internet Ltd © 2007