Two bedroom cottage with high quality bathroom, and laundry facilities, off road parking, ten minutes' walk to the village pub which serves food. A traditional stone terraced cottage on the village green, with suntrap rear patio and gardens, close to great walks and 15-20 mins stroll from Whiteford Burrows, Llanmadoc and Broughton beaches from the front door. Village coffee and provisions shop 2 mins walk.
Classic log burner, logs supplied. Also burns coal. Combi central heating throughout (guest control). Dining room, table and chairs, seats 4. Quality bed linen provided.
Luxury Bathroom with mixer thermostatic MIRA shower non slip spacious shower tray 1700x900, with steady handles, twin basins with power points, and plenty of space for washbags etc. Large towel rails. Extremely well appointed in exquisite roman travertine tiling.
Washing machine, and separate tumble dryer, 900mm stainless steel cooker with ceramic top (twin oven/grills). Panasonic stainless steel 27 litre family microwave oven. Ironing board and iron, hairdryers, hoover, dishwasher, Le Creuset and Jamie Oliver top quality pots and pans, Denby crockery. Electric, gas, cleaning materials included in the price.
Sky and BT Sports tv package with sports, Blu Ray and DVD player, widescreen tv with movies and Sky Sports. Relax and enjoy the holiday. Lounge seats six comfortably on leather sofas.
New rear patio with quality garden table chairs.
Parking at the rear of the cottage in drive for at least two cars.
Three Beds in two bedrooms. Dog friendly and secure.
Walk to the local gastro-pub, close to a lovely village shop and coffee shop.
Walk from the door to stunning beach, woods, dunes, cliffs.
Perfect for walking Whitford Bay to the lighthouse, Cwm Ivy Woods, Llanmadoc and Broughton beaches,
Cheriton Valley, and several nearby Nature Reserves and SSSIs.
Walk to the top of Llanmadoc Hill - fantastic views to The Worm, The Brecon Beacons, Carmarthen Bay and Tenby.
Walk to Rhossili village over Rhossili Down. Explore Burry Holm, Spaniard Rocks, the Five Chimneys, Cheriton Valley to Llanrhidian.
Two minutes walk from back gate to the village shop, 10 mins drive to Knelston petrol station and bakery, shop and post office, or 10 mins to Reynoldston post office.
Only 10-12 mins drive to other beaches at Port Eynon or Horton, Oxwich Bay or Llangennith (great surfing), 15 mins to Three Cliffs Bay or 20 mins by car to Caswell, Langland.
15 to 20 mins walk onto either Whiteford/Llanmadoc or Broughton beach. Area is a birders' paradise with coastal woodland and march as well as shellfish infested beaches and estuarine mudflats and cliff ledges. Herons, egrets, oystercatchers and lapwings abound, nesting on the local dunes and flats. Surfing for the kids off the beach. Merlin nest locally, as do woodpeckers and owls. Hill walking available over Llanmadoc Hill, and to Rhossili Down or Llangennith from the cottage. A superb, idyllic spot away from it all and not too close to more touristy areas of Gower (Rhossili Village, Llangennith Beach) but close enough to get to them if you want.
Great local fishing for mackerel, garfish and grey mullet (float fish on the rocks) or flounder, bass, plaice, the rarer golden grey mullet, and smoothhound (use local lugwork, ragworm, beachcasting the beaches/surf). Contact the owner for more photos of local fishing including bass and flounder catches.
24th Nov 2019 Jo and Dave Grantham Banbury, Northants Another Great week with the dogs on Broughton beach. Lots of seagull chasing (dogs) and pub lunches (us). Its always a warm welcome from Dai and Heather (and a very tasty curry) see you in the New Year.
Jess Phil and Theo Collins Dunsford near Exeter Thank you Dai and Heather for your very warm welcome and a peaceful stay in your cosy and comfortable cottage, all perfect such a variety of beautiful atmospheric walks close by, so much interesting wildlife and scenery - we would love to come back. With a shop and pub and café so nearby its been so restful to spend a few days just being here without having have to get into the car at all apart from a nice meal at the King Arthur in Reynoldston. Thanks for the delicious curry so thoughtful of you hope to see you again.
5 Oct 2019 Jo and David and the dogs Banbury, Northants Another lovely stay in my favourite place in the UK. Had a great week despite the weather. Managed to spend a fortune shopping in Mumbles. Dogs seriously knackered on Broughton beach as always - Dai & heather fab hosts we'll be back.
21 Sept – 1st Oct Debs & Andy Caton Selston, Nottinghamshire Lovely stay at Middle Cottage thank you Heather & Dai
Lynne Martin Billy and Pepper Ross on Wye Had a great week thank you weather mixed but fair bit of sunshine Lovely walks from the cottage fabulous quiet beach and nice run along the coastal path,. Can recommend the food at the Britannia Fish and Chips at Roma (Penclawdd), and cuppa with amazing view at Cwm Cottage had all we needed thanks both hope you enjoyed Salzburg. .
Doug, Annette, Sophie and Tony Norfolk A lovely stay thanks for everything you have been so helpful thanks again.
Meghan and Clive Herron, Ian and Carrie Tylie Radstock, near Bath, Somerset Great holiday Ted and the Dogs spent most of the time in the sea, we will be back.
Ann and Brian Green South Yardley, Bristol We all had a lovely holiday everything we needed and more many thanks.
Nick and Libby Marshall Painswick, Stroud, Gloucs. Another fabulous 2 weeks at Middle Cottage everything we could have wanted, many thanks.
15-21 June 2019 Mark Rachel and Dylan Rafferty Nottingham First time in Gower had a lovely time perfect cottage had a great time exploring hope to be back soon thanks for the wine.
8-15th June 2019 Jo & Dave Grantham Banbury Middle Cottage great thanks to Dai and Heather Bo and Nerva loved it too. Not sure Bo's liking for welsh men (hee hee) is improving though see you again soon. (Bo is a rescue dog and very nervy).
25th May 2019 Sara & Steven Barnard, and Hannah and Charlotte East Sussex Our first visit to the Gower we loved it. Wonderful beach and lovely walks lots of fresh air so totally shattered kids and dog, loved the cottage perfect location. Thank you.
18th May 2019 Jan and Alan Burgess, Maisie and Bertie the dogs Market Drayton, Salop Perfect home from home. Thanks for the wine and milk much appreciated,. Lovely relaxing week in this very special cottage. Lovely weather too. We will definitely be back. Thanks so much for letting us stay.
4th May Alison Fox, Ian Summerfield Bucks Perfect location to meet friends and enjoy the wonderful Gower. Our dogs are also worn out.
27th April Sue Stu Barr, Vinnie and Bailey Yardley, Birmingham We've now been to all three of your beautiful cottages and again we've had a fabulous time. Hank you we will be back again to your beautiful part of the country. Dogs totally worn out.
13-20 April Nick and Libby Marshall Painswick, Stroud, Gloucs. We had another wonderful time here in the Gower and at Middle Cottage it is home from homer. Many thanks Dai and Heather
1 April Alastair, Sally Fuillwood and the two spaniels Rhum and Eigg Aboyne, Aberdeenshire Very accommodating for dogs and a baby lovely cottage owners very welcoming lots of info available good local knowledge enjoyed the Gower once again. Thank you.
27th – 31st March 2019 Andrew and Paula Mackenzie and penny the dog Comfortable and cosy, lovely walks in lovely weather. Thank you.
2-9 Feb 2019 Mick and Jenny Biggin Bonsall, Derbys Despite storm Eric, we have had a magical family reunion in this gorgeous cottage how could we fail. It has been such fun exploring the Gower but inevitably we must return to finish and also invade the Britannia again. Thanks so much Dai and Heather such comfort take care and keep smiling.
29th Dec 2018 Sally and Lionel Legge and Riley the Dog Ideal place to stay beautiful walks fab food in the Britannia and a relaxing stay in Middle Cottage many thanks.
1-8th Dec 2018 Katrina and Tim Cooper
Thanks for a lovely stay.
How to get here by car
• Take "Swansea West Services" which is at Junction 47 exit off the M4. The slip-road rises up to a roundabout and set of traffic lights above the M4. At this large roundabout, on the green light take the second exit and then follow the A483 (signed "Swansea/Gower").
• After a mile along on the A483 (Cadle bypass) the road starts to descends downhill, and you come to a roundabout (see note below *). Take the second exit onto the A484 (right hand exit in west direction) signed towards "Llanelli/Gower/Gowerton".
• Note: * At this last roundabout the road signs are somewhat confusing as they direct traffic "to Gower avoiding low bridge" taking you the wrong way. Ignore this and take the second exit (right) unless of course you want to visit the large "TESCO Extra" or M&S Food store found 750m left towards Swansea before coming back to this roundabout and back on your route towards Gower.
• After turning right onto the A484 proceed for about one mile along a straight road directly through to another small roundabout and continue on the A484 by taking the (2nd exit) immediately after passing a sign "The Farm shop" on the same roundabout.
• You should now start to see views of North Gower and the Burry Estuary in the distance. Stay on the A484 and then at the next roundabout which is approx 1 mile later down the incline, take the first exit left towards Gowerton on the B4296.
• You then pass a Harvester restaurant and Gowerton Rugby Club after which you drive underneath a railway bridge, and then come to lights at Gowerton some 70yds after the railway bridge. Turn right at these lights, taking the B4295, signed to Llanrhidian. After a mini-roundabout at Tesco Express is then on your left. (It's worth stocking up on provisions or petrol here).
• You are now on the "North Gower Road" or B4295 which you should follow for 6 miles or so, passing through Penclawdd, Crofty, Llanmorlais and Wernffrwd and eventually after Llanmorlais, and after another 2 miles, still on B4295, you arrive at Llanrhidian Petrol Station (Heronsway Filling Station).
• Continue straight on driving past the petrol station and you then enter the village of Oldwalls where is found the Greyhound Inn public house on your left
• At the Greyhound Inn we suggest you take the right hand fork (ignore the brown sign telling you to continue straight on for the Britannia Inn and instead FORK RIGHT towards Llanmadoc/Cheriton/Landimore. Llanmadoc is miles (6-7 mins driving) on.
DRIVE CAREFULLY - ONE OR TWO NARROW COUNTRY LANES HERE SHEEP ROAMING
• Make sure you pass Leason, Weobley Castle, and Windmill Farm Aka Oceanview weddings (on left) and pass Weobley Castle (on your right), then after passing Landimore you dip down left into Cheriton and then up the hill again to Llanmadoc past the Britannia Inn on your right.
• After the Britannia Inn Drive for 500m yards past it and straight on (up the incline) until the road flattens out and just after passing the Village Shop (on your right) you will enter a small village green (known locally as "Post Office Green") and will see a red phone box.
• Gower Cottage (where your hosts live) and also Middle Cottage and Wagtails Seaside Apartment are all on your left on Post Office Green.
PARKING AND ACCESS
For unloading please feel free to park at the front. However we must ask guests to park at the rear after unloading (buses need to turn on the green). Your private off-road parking area is at the rear of Middle Cottage (inside the brown farmgate with "Middle Cottage" sign). Drive around the left hand side of the cottages and turn right into Catchpool Lane behind Middle cottage. Please keep all inner garden gates closed to keep the sheep and ponies out (except the main rear Farm Gate which we don't mind you closing or leaving open according to your convenience).
The back door will be left unlocked to help you enter the cottage once you have parked the car at the rear after unloading at the front.
Sorry but no smoking. We welcome dogs by agreement and will usually allow (welcome) more than a single dog.
Available to let 12 months a year and short breaks. Weekly only, from Saturday to Saturday, between March and November.
Last updated 23 September 2021
Key AvailableNot available
Holiday Cottage at:
Swansea SA3 1DE