A traditional Welsh whitewashed stone cottage of great character, with sheltered and charming cottage garden, in a quiet rural hamlet of the lower Wye Valley, South Wales.
The cottage, together with Vanilla the other cottage (in the same ownership but located 12 miles away) was in the top three final 2007 Visit Wales Quality and Customer Care awards. Foxes Reach was also proud to win Best Self Catering Accommodation 2007 Royal Forest of Dean. The owners also hold the "Welcome Host " award at Gold level.
- Quiet location but not isolated
- Easy access to M4 and M5/50
- A wealth of sightseeing close by
- Character cottage, fully modernised and particularly well equipped
- Blissful hot tub in the sheltered cottage garden
- Infant's travel cot
- Fully fitted well equipped kitchen
- Two sparkling bathrooms, 2 toilets, bathtub, shower cubicle
- Pay phone
- Well-behaved dogs welcome (maximum 2)
- Your horse also accepted, stabling close by at extra charge and by arrangement
- Everything you need for a really relaxing break is provided
- Very comfortable sitting room, leather suite, oriental rug, contemporary lighting
- Wood-burning stove with logs available
- Four flatscreen TV's, 3 with DVD and ipod docking station and 1 VCR and DVD player
- Radio alarm clock with ipod docking station
- Sky satellite tv
- Phone available - calls charged extra.
- Wifi broadband internet connection for your laptop available
- Fully fitted kitchen with twin sinks
- Electric oven with grill
- Electric hob with 4 burners
- Extractor fan and hood
- Fridge, freezer and microwave
- Extensive range of cutlery, crockery and cookware
- Tassimo coffee machine
- Open plan dining area with old oak furniture
- Flagged floors and exposed stone
- Laundry with small Belfast sink, automatic washing machine, tumble drier, iron and board.
Hot tub, sheltered and charming garden. Garden furniture includes loungers, chairs, picnic table, sun umbrella and barbecue as well as range of outdoor games such as drafts and darts. Private off road parking for 2 to 3 cars.
A good choice available in local pubs and restaurants. Sample menus are available in the cottage together with an extensive range of literature. Several supermarkets offer an internet delivery service to the cottage.
Castles, (Chepstow, Raglan, Usk, Grosmont, Whitecastle,Goodrich.
Mappa Mundi at Hereford
Roman Britain- Caerleon
Rivers Wye and Usk.
Golf 17 courses including the home of the Ryder Cup in 2010.
Horse racing at Chepstow, Hereford, Cheltenham and Bath
Badminton Trials an easy day trip.
David Broome Centre showjumping 20 mins.
Walking - Offa's Dyke, Wye Valley Walk, Tintern trail, miles of good dog walking in the forests close to the cottage
Bird watching - Buzzards abound, Peregrines at Symonds Yat. Waders on the Gwent marshes.
Spectacular scenery - Wye Valley, Black Mountains
The Big Pit National Museum of Wales
Blaenafon World Heritage Centre
Vineyards to visit locally
Prices include light and a generous allowance for oil - additional consumption of oil over the allowance is chargeable at cost per litre - wood for the woodburner may be purchased although the cottage is centrally heated. Use of the hot tub (not for small children). Use of our bed linen and towels during your stay. Wine, fresh flowers and hotel style cosmetics. Even a small gift for your dog.
At Christmas and New Year, Champagne style wine and the cottage has a fresh Christmas tree from the local forest and is fully decorated for Christmas. We also decorate for Advent (no tree) - try one of the seasonal short breaks and do your shopping somewhere new this time.
Deposit £100. Balance payable 6 weeks prior to arrival. We recommend that you arrange your own cancelation insurance as deposits are non refundable. Credit and debit cards are accepted.
Monmouthshire NP16 6NA