Welsh Surfing Federation School
The Welsh Surfing Federation Surf School is based in Llangennith, Gower, Wales. It is a non-profit organisation that takes the role of fund raising to promote surfing in Wales. The WSF surf school is charged with the education of new surfers to the safe, enjoyable use of the sea and to environmental awareness.
The Welsh Surfing Federation is the governing body for surfing in Wales. It is responsible for promoting the sport by organising competitions and participation in other events to raise public awareness. The Federation also organises team selection for Nationally represented competitions. The W.S.F. owns the surf school.
What Time Of Year?
The Surf School operates from April to October, full time during school summer holidays from the end of July to the beginning of September and at weekends outside of these times. Additional courses outside of these dates can also be arranged on request.
So Why Have A lesson With The WSF?
• We have been teaching surfing at Llangennith since 1981.
• We are the only surf school based in Llangennith.
• The surf school is managed by qualified school teachers.
• All instructors are qualified beach lifeguards with two-way radio and mobile phone contact.
• All instructotrs are qualified British Surfing Association coaches.
• We are one of the only surf schools with permenant female and male instructors.
• We are the only non-profit surf school in Wales - all profit is used for the running of Welsh surfing.
• As we are non-profit making we are much cheaper than other surf schools. • We offer the highest quality surf lesson.
• We offer full two hour instruction (we don't count getting changed into a wetsuit or a drive to the beach as part of lesson time).
• We offer two lessons per day and as many lessons as you need.
• Lessons can be as formal or as relaxed as you want (within our safety rules).
• We specialise in teaching absolute beginners and people who have tried surfing but need some help.
• We get results - people who hire, just have a go themselves and then come to us tell us so.
• We teach at one of the most beautiful beaches in Wales.
• Llangennith is the safest beach, and the only one that has reliable surf, on Gower.
Stay near here
Swansea bed and breakfast – distance 3.4 miles
The Granary at Glebe Farm
A recently converted stone barn cottage in a wonderful setting on the Gower Peninsula. King size and twin on the first floor and a single bedroom on the ground floor with easy access. Furnished patio with breath taking views. Wifi and travel cot included.
Distance 1.6 miles
New dog friendly one bedroom cottage in the Gower village of Llanmadoc. Walk to pub serving food, village shop, beach. free BT wifi, Sky/BT Sports, washer-dryer, dishwasher, logburner inc logs, freezer, dog safe garden, o/r parking. Idyllic rural village.
Distance 1.3 miles
The Farmers Arms
Set on the beautiful Gower Peninsula, this charming self catering accommodation which backs onto farmland, provides all the comforts of home and a great base for exploring this lovely area.
Distance 1.5 miles
Kimley Moor Farm
Kimley Moor Farm have two self catering cottages which are in a great location to the very beautiful Rhossili bay along with Mewslade and Fall bay. The coastal path is only a short distance away and as we are dog friendly it is ideal for dog walking.
Distance 2.7 miles
Penrice Castle Cottages
A choice of sixteen self catering cottages set around the Penrice Estate near Oxwich Bay on the Gower Peninsula, near Swansea. Visitors have full access to the park and gardens, tennis and fishing. Ideal for walking, golf and riding, swimming.
Distance 4.7 miles